'X Factor New Zealand' Sacks Judges After Hateful Tirade


AUCKLAND - X Factor judges Natalina Kills and husband Willy Moon have been fired after calling a contestant "disgusting" and a "laughingstock" and comparing him to Norman Bates.

Even Simon Cowell knows when to draw the line. Not so, Natalia Kills and Willy Moon. The tirade, which occurred Sunday night during a live episode of the popular show, was apparently over contestant Joe Irvine's outfit - a plain dark suit and tie and popular side-parted hairdo - which was apparently too similar to Moon's "signature look.". Kills began her tirade, announcing, "I'm just going to state the obvious: we have a doppelganger in our midst." She was only getting started.
"I...As an artist who respects creative integrity and intellectual property, I am disgusted at how much you have copied my husband, from the hair to the suit. Do you not have any value or respect for originality?"


And then she went to town.
"You're a laughingstock. It's cheesy, it's disgusting. I personally...I personally found it absolutely artistically atrocious. I am embarrassed to be sitting here in your presence having to even dignify you with an answer of my opinion."
And then Willy Moon got in on the action:
"Yeah Joe, to me it just feels a little bit cheap and absurd. I mean, you're like, it's like Norman Bates dressing up in his mother's clothing. It's just a little bit creepy and I feel like you are going to stitch someone's skin to your face and then kill everybody in the audience."
And back to Kills for the kill.
"It's disgusting. You make me sick. It's absolutely disgusting. You have no identity. I can't stand it. I'm ashamed to be here."
Contestant Joe Irvine managed to keep his composure during the outburst, even smiling when called a "laughingstock."
MediaWorks, which broadcasts X Factor New Zealand, responded to the pair's remarks by firing the two. The company announced the firing of Kills and Moon saying that:
"Last night on X Factor both Kills and Moon made comments that were completely unacceptable. While the judges on X Factor are expected to provide critiques of the performances, we will not tolerate such destructive tirades from any of the judges."
Many took to Twitter to voice their support of Irvine, including musician Ed Sheeran who tweeted, "don't worry about what anyone else says man. Enjoy yourself with it, that's what singing is about, not what other people think"
Watch the full row below.

Previous
Next Post »